Getting involved with invasive species management and removal projects is easy!
How To Get Involved
- Remove invasive species from your property
- Volunteer! Our Partners are always looking for volunteers to help with removal projects
- Plant native or non-invasive species in your landscaping
- Stop the spread! Implement prevention measures such as cleaning off mowers and boats
- Learn about invasive species and Best Management Practices
- Spread the word about invasive species
For more information on Best Management Practices, how to remove invasive species from your property and/or develop management plans and priorities, see our Best Management Practices and our Invasive Species Profiles.
The Invasion Curve
The best and most effective method to control invasive species is to prevent their initial establishment. As an invasive species increases its population numbers and extent, it gets progressively more difficult and expensive to eliminate or control. Unfortunately, as numbers rise, the chance of eliminating the species decreases, and at some point, elimination of the invasive species becomes unlikely.