Please join WNY PRISM and our Partners as we kick off 2017 with our Spring Partner Meeting! We are pleased to welcome guest speakers who will present on a GIS-based habitat suitability project for Brachypodium sylvaticum (slender false brome) and the on the Buffalo River Area of Concern – Erie County Natural Habitat Parks. We will discuss our upcoming field season, regional projects, and funding opportunities. In addition, please bring any outreach materials you have to distribute to Partners throughout the region! Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend!
Thursday, April 6, 2017; 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Buffalo, NY 14023
- WNY PRISM Updates and 2017 Field Season Preview
- Slender False Brome GIS-based Habitat Suitability Project, presented by Jason Paeplow, SUNY Buffalo State Great Lakes Ecosystem Sciences Graduate Student and WNY PRISM Intern
- Buffalo River Area of Concern – Erie County Habitat Restoration & Remedial Action Plan, presented by Vicki Haas, Senior Environmental Compliance Specialist and Natural Habitat Parks Project Manager with Erie County Environment and Planning.
- Funding and Partnership Opportunities
- Education and Outreach Materials Exchange