WNY PRISM is Accepting Applications for our 2018 Seasonal Crew!
Western New York Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management
WNY PRISM is now accepting applications for our 2018 Education and Outreach Assistant and Invasive Species Management Assistant positions. Both positions offer a great opportunity to work and learn in all aspects of invasive species management.
WNY PRISM is a partnership organization focused on providing region-wide coordination for invasive species monitoring and management. Our mission is to improve, restore, and protect local aquatic and terrestrial resources by improving the effectiveness of invasive species management efforts and increasing awareness of invasive species issues throughout our 8-county region. For more information about WNY PRISM, please visit our website: www.wnyprism.org
2018 WNY PRISM Education and Outreach Assistant (1)
The WNY PRISM Education and Outreach Assistant will work closely with WNY PRISM Coordinator to implement and expand education, outreach and volunteer programs. These efforts are essential to the success of the partnership and are integrated into nearly all aspects of WNY PRISM work.
- Lead WNY PRISM efforts for NYS Invasive Species Awareness Week (ISAW)
- Organize and represent WNY PRISM at outreach events and educational opportunities including farmers’ markets and festivals
- Develop, update, and/or locate education and outreach materials
- Assist WNY PRISM and Partners with workshops and trainings
- Maintain detailed records for all education, outreach and volunteer events and information
- Assist WNY PRISM Invasive Species Management Crew and Partners with invasive species removal efforts and/or invasive species surveys and mapping using iMapInvasives, as needed
2018 WNY PRISM Invasive Species Management Assistants (2)
The WNY PRISM Invasive Species Management Assistants (2) will work closely with the WNY PRISM Project Manager and local Partners to implement invasive species prevention, early detection, management and habitat restoration projects. This is primarily a field position and the selected candidates can expect to spend the majority of their time working outdoors and in remote locations.
- Assist with invasive species removal efforts including use of manual and chemical (herbicide) methods
- Conduct invasive species surveys and assessments using iMapInvasives online mapping tool
- Maintain stewardship equipment and tools
- Maintain detailed records for all stewardship activities
- Provide Partners with detailed written reports on survey and stewardship efforts
- Assist Partners with habitat restoration efforts
- Represent WNY PRISM at community events including farmers’ markets and festivals
Please see full job descriptions for both positions, and apply, online at: https://www.rfhiring.com/jobs.asp
The deadline for applications is Friday, March 2, 2018. Please follow all application directions, failure to do so may disqualify you from the position. Please provide cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references as a single attachment. Both positions are full-time, temporary (40 hours/week, approximately May 29, 2018 – September 7, 2018).